The ministry meets on the first Sunday of each month after worship.
The purpose of this ministry is to help people deepen their knowledge and love of God. Through a variety of experiences that nurture all ages, the Faith Development ministry strives to provide connections to encourage a greater understanding of Biblical teachings and God’s love.
Faith Development is responsible for:
· Adult Connections
· Youth and Children Connections
· Sunday Worship Childcare
· Youth Mission Trips, Retreats, and Events
· Confirmation Classes
· Planning special congregational activities
· Overseeing paid and volunteer staff of Faith Development programs and events
We have four “Kids’ Kits” available for families and children to use this year. Each kit centers around a particular theme: “The Good Book”, “Out of the Water”, “Birds of the Air”, and “Trees”. It’s a type of “Sunday School” in a kit!
Within each kit, you will find 3 lessons with Bible stories, an opening activity, some discussion questions, a craft or game with instructions, a song, and an ending prayer. Most of the needed materials and supplies are included in the kit. These are great hands-on activities that families can do together. While the crafts and games are designed for elementary-age children, all activities are appropriate for all ages and can be adapted as needed.
Kids’ Kits can be used in two different ways:
1. Families can check out a kit from the church to use at home when it best fits into your schedule. When families are finished, the instructions, samples and unused supplies from the kit should be returned to the church. Kits can be checked out during church office hours, Monday-Thursday 8 am to Noon. Kits can also be checked out on Sunday mornings.
2. If there is interest, we can have a class for kids on Sunday mornings at 9 am, using the Kids’ Kits materials. We have Sunday School teachers who will share the Bible stories and lead the activities with the children, and parents are encouraged to attend with their children for a fun family activity. Contact Heather Casiano (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested in having your children be part of a Sunday morning class.
Throughout the year, we’ll be adding new kits with new topics. As part of this fun curriculum, there is an optional patch that can be ordered for each child who completes all 3 lessons in a particular kit. Each kit has its own patch. The patches cost $4 each, and ordering information will be included in each kit.
BYOB (Bring Your Own Bible): This weekly online only Bible study is on Wednesdays from 7:00-8:00 PM on Zoom. Each week we look at a different Scripture passage that is not connected to the weeks previous, so there is no way to fall behind! All are welcome! If you would like to sign up for this study to receive the Zoom log-in information, email email@example.com to request being added to the BYOB list.
· “The Bible in Today’s World” adult class meets each Sunday morning at 9 am, beginning on Sunday, Sept. 12, in the Session Room at the church. The exact topic and/or book to study this fall will be determined by those who participate in the class, so come on Sept. 12 to help choose the book or study you’d like to see.
· The Faith Development team is also looking at the possibility of holding a second adult class on Sunday mornings if there is enough interest. If you’d like to lead or attend a second class, please contact Heather Casiano at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have topics and books we can suggest, but we are especially interested in hearing what you want to learn and talk about. A new class can start at any time – we just need people interested in participating.
Copyright © 2021 First Presbyterian Church of Highland - All Rights Reserved.